Blast!
Not the Protein DB Search either. Ugh. What. an. unproductive. day. I spent the entire morning coming to the conclusion that while the algorithm is finally completely designed (save for the supertree method, but I'm pretty sure I'm borrowing that code), I'm having serious problems with data structure design and implementation. This is the last part of my coding. The last part. And I had to get stuck here now! *sigh* so after lunch, I spent my time writing the algorithm design and reasoning out on paper, for what I will be submitting toward the end of July. I got four pages cranked out, complete with diagrams. And I feel exhausted. If this translates to 4 pages in LaTeX, this should be a total of 5 pages for the first half of the paper. I should easily be able to add another five pages for the benchmarking and discussion section, which should yield a nicely sized final paper.
So here is my revised plan. My code (this part), though 90% done, is due on friday. I don't know if I'll make that deadline (yes, I'm that stuck!), and I'm going to see if I can get a long meeting with my professor on Monday, when she gets back from her confernece. In the meantime, however, I will start on the benchmarking phase a week early (so next week). This will allow me to benchmark all the other starting tree algorithms while I continue to refine my code. Since each MP simulation is going to run for 50 hrs, this will be a good use of time. I'll see what Tiffani says when she gets back.
Ok. I am tired. And hungry (i've been more and more hungry lately). And it's friday. This is where Suzanne calls it quits for the day (except going and typing up what she just wrote out) and relaxes for a bit. Have a good weekend all!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home