Mondays....
Well, it's Monday, and I guess I'm back to work. So far so good. It turned out that the one portion of my code that takes up a lot of memory and space is actually very unnecessary (I'm allowed to assume that step has already been performed), so I can modify my code to reflect this. In addition, I've been working on the paper. So far, ok. Dr. Williams gave me a dataset for me to play with, and I took a look at it tonight... I'm going to have to think about what the best way to parse this would be, but I'm guessing a script of some kind (perhaps PERL?). We'll have to see. I think I'm done with most of the writing I wanted to do tonight, but I am going to want to think this parsing through carefully.
My current stategy is thinking things through carefully before implementing anything. That way, I hope to save as much time as possible (efficiency is gold!). I also need to make sure I get a decent amount of sleep tonight. I really need to get some rest. I'm very tempted to work on some code tonight, which, knowing me, I will probably break down and do. At the same time, I am very tired, so I may not break down and do it. Bah. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home