Summer at DMP

The Summer Journal of a participant in DMP 2006

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I am so tired...

Forgive me for not posting as of late; the last week has been very hectic. I pulled 12 hour days almost all of last week, and today, I'll probably be pulling close to 14 (yikes!)

But progress is being made. The code is done. I have generated trees for 51, 500, and 921 taxa sets. I have also done so for 1127, but before I go further, I have to test out to see even if The RAq approach is even superior to the other methods. So that's where I am currently.

I am also:
  • commenting/touching up code for Open Source release ( I love you, DOxygen!)
  • Working on a poster
  • Benchmarking
  • Trying to forget about the paper that I need to write (I don't think i'll make the August 1st deadline)
  • crying profusely (actually no; I'm really exultant right now. This is so awesome!)
  • not sleeping (this one is true)


So if I learned anything, how much you like your project is essential to its success. I don't think I would work for 14 hours unless I was in love with what I was doing. Thankfully, this summer that seems to be the case.

Some report later, and more details laterish too. I gotta get back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home