Summer at DMP

The Summer Journal of a participant in DMP 2006

Friday, July 28, 2006

The Guessing Game!

Hello boys and girls,

Welcome back to "The Guessing Game!". Today's topic is, "Why is Suzanne so happy?"

As your first clue, take a look at the graph below.

As a second clue, look at the positions of RAq v. Neighbor Joining (NJ)

As a third, note that lower scores = awesomeness.

So, why is Suzanne so happy? Let's take a look and see:



It appears I may have beaten Neighbor Joining, and, at least for this data set, RAq does as well as the best method :-) I'm still waiting back for info from the 921 taxa set (the RAq starting tree has been running on it, and it still has another Batch and a half to go, overall 300 iterations). If RAq performs well on that data set too... well, I may have something very exciting to publish! :-)

Suzanne...is... happy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home